St. George is a wonderful place to live, with year-round sunshine and incredible opportunities for outdoor adventure. However, relaxing time spent outdoors can quickly go downhill when hornets are present. Unlike fuzzy honeybees, hornets are smooth and sleek. But like honeybees, hornets are capable of delivering very painful stings.
Hornet stings carry five times more poison than the stings of regular wasps, so it’s important to remove hornets before they become a threat to your family and pets. While a single hornet sting isn’t inherently dangerous, things get dicey when an individual is stung multiple times or is allergic to hornet venom. Typical reactions include swelling and redness in the area surrounding the sting, as well as significant pain.